Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Scary Appoinment

We have an appointment with Kennedy Krieger tomorrow. This time with the Center for Autism Related Disorders (CARD). Am I scared? Heck, yeah.

I am so convinced that she is not Autistic. But we keep getting referred back to this place. 3 different departments at Krieger have referred her. So I finally accepted the appointment. I feel like God has led us to this door and we need to open it and see what is on the other side. We will either know finally without doubt that she is not on the spectrum, or that she really is. If she isn't, we put it all behind us once and for all. If she is, we proceed to get her whatever help she needs. We were first told to rule it out 4 years ago. It is time to stop being afraid and go.

I am not sure what to expect from our appointment. That makes me nervous because I cannot prepare her, which usually doesn't go well. But for now she is satisfied that she can go to Target when it is over....... Say some extra prayers for us, will ya?



UPDATE- Helen does not meet criteria for Autism. Big sigh of relief!!!! Glad to have it behind me now and I can say she does not have an ASD!!!

No comments: