Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School and a food rant

Well, I just sent my baby off to kindergarten. It wasn't the least bit awful- it was much harder sending Helen to preschool. Zachary has been counting down days for a week now. He was up at 6:15 and dresses to the shoes. He had put his belt and socks in his locker last night, lol. Helen did not share his enthusiasm, however. She did ask me to put her hair in ponytails and was ready to go before 7:30, but give it couple of days, lol. She did seem happy that Zachary was going with her. She loves him more than she admits. They both seem glad I will be there today. I need to leave in a minute, though.
Here is the rant I promised. Interesting article here. It seems that fast food isn't really of the devil, the sit down chains are. McDonald's, while still not my favorite place, has the best nutritional stats of any of the chains, fast or otherwise. Some of the other establishments burgers contain an entire day's worth of calories. I don't know about FAT, but I'm sure that, along with sodium, is sky high. It is time these eateries feel the heat and wrath that McDonald's did a few years ago......... COMPLAIN, DAMMIT. We Americans need to speak up or don't eat in theses places. You could actually be risking your very life........

No comments: