Sunday, August 31, 2008

the story of the army man

Once Zachary had a set of Army men and a tank. One day, he left them in the bath tub. When I got in the shower, there was Army man having inappropriate relations with Barbie, right there in the soap dish. After that, Army man got freaky with every Polly Pocket, plastic animal and Barbie doll left in the bathtub. He was also a great holder of toothbrushes and razors. Then one day I had to fly to Atlanta because my father was dying. I was a little frazzled and had to fly out of Richmond on a one way flight, which resulted in me having my bag searched. I was quite surprised to hear the security lady laughing and holding Army man (who had lost a leg by this time) in the palm of her hand. "Did your little boy pack this for you?", she asked. "Yes", I said, adding "my 38 year old little boy" in my head. Since that trip, Army man has lost his other leg and his head. But he has been to Boston, Atlanta, Richmond, Las Vegas, and Germany. He has been sited inside toilet paper tubes, glasses cases, pillow cases, coffee mugs, the washing machine, hair dye boxes...... He went to Ocean City last week, smuggled into David's pants pocket. This morning I went to make coffee and was greeted by Army man. God, I love my husband, freak that he is........ And this was emailed to him today:

No comments: