Friday, August 29, 2008

I got my damn period....again

I had an appointment for a long overdue pap smear and to discuss the options I have for a procedure called ablation. You see, I have a period every 24 days. It lasts at least a week. Just when I think it has stopped, it get at least another "gush". Yippy. I cannot wear light colored pants, I cannot go anywhere requiring a bathing suit, I am even terrified to sit on some one's sofa. I get up at night to change my overnight maxi pad. Twice. So, imagine my upset when I woke up to good ol' Aunt Flo this mornin'- on day 20, no less. That *otch, Flo, is a real pain. So I had to reschedule for Sept. 19. So I am sitting here now with my back ache and head ache, craving key lime pie and carbs. I really could go for some "comfort" food, but I don't want to cook.
AND it is also rainy and humid. But it isn't hot- just gross. I hate it when the weather is like this- the world just feels dirty. So I am in a craptacular mood. I wish I had a big pot of spaghetti to eat and a good movie to watch. But no, I have no idea what to feed my kids tonight because I don't want to cook and I haven't been to Blockbuster (frankly, if I have to take the kids to Blockbuster, someone might get left there). So, there we have it- a yucky Friday night.
I haven't posted all week because David was out of town and I had to take the kids to school, so there was no time in the AM and I was wiped out after work, so there ya have it. I am almost finished with the great locker project. I will still need to prep the walls and paint, but that will have to wait. I had planned to get it done one Friday while the kids are at school. I'd also like to stain the lockers, but that will also be on hold for a few weeks. I will finish over the weekend and get those pics posted.
Work is good so far. Everyone there is so nice. I am still getting used to juggling everything. I have a lot of committee stuff to do this weekend, plus I have to make a cake for my niece's birthday. She wants chocolate and I think I will put a peanut butter frosting on it. We are supposed to see them on Sunday.
UPDATE- Helen made PBJs for herself and her brother. I love independent children.

No comments: