Thursday, August 14, 2008

Running out of time

Well, my days are numbered. I have today, tomorrow, the weekend and Monday. Then I am to report to work. I still need to get fingerprinted, make Helen try on uniforms, mail soccer registration, sew patches on Girl Scout and karate uniforms..... I won't give the entire list, but let me say I have much to do, little time to do it and the two wild card factors hat will eat up time and energy (H & Z). I had to drag Dad along last night to buy school shoes because I cannot keep up with them both in a store when actual looking, thinking or trying on is involved. They were still pretty bad. After Zachary disappeared as I was paying, I had to ask "now you know why I needed you." I hope this phase passes sooner rather than later. Those moms with toddlers screaming in a stroller have nothing to complain about. In fact once when I was pushing a newborn and a toddler in the grocery store, this lady said "you're brave" to me. I replied, "not really- come look for me in 5 years." Boy, was I ever right about that one. By the time they are that old, they are both too big to contain, they have free will and an agenda.
Today we are going to Brusters to see how they make ice cream. Should be fun. After that I must return some library books and try to get fingerprinted (for work, not for actual booking). Then I need to go to Staples and Target. I bet I don't make it to Target without losing my temper. I cannot go in there without losing something (patience, temper, Zachary...). I guess I should be happy that I can probably steal a few minutes for myself next before I pick the kids up at Grandma's. Speaking of, I guess I should stop by there, too. Busy day.....
On a cute note- the kids call my mother "Ganmama" (long story involving my now 30 year old niece). Zachary asked me the other day if there was a Ganmama, where was Gandaddy. Too funny. My kids never met my dad, but he was definitely not a Gandaddy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought my three were the only one to walk away at the shoe store while one or the other is trying new shoes on. I love the look of those with 1 child in tow give you.

:)

Susan said...

I'm glad it isn't just me, too! A friend with one 3 year old asked me why I didn't put him in a cart. He is 46 inches tall and 50 pounds, that's why!